What are Micro-Moments ?. These are defined as “the precise moment when the user decides to perform an action” and positioned as the new battleground for brands. The brands will be successful if we get caught in that moment and show us the easiest to solve our need at that time, such as buying path.
This trend is closely linked to cell phone, because it is the perfect vehicle to take advantage of these micromomentos. Mobile devices have changed forever the way we live. The way the consumer is split into thousands of micro-moments. Each is a critical opportunity for brands to shape decisions and preferences. With the phone we are geolocated and can send notifications at that precise moment when the user makes a decision to buy a product.
Companies should investigate its potential customers and know how they behave, what products look, what are your tastes, where they are and, most importantly, must be able to show them the product they are looking at the right time.
There are 4 types of Micro-Moments by Google:
- I want to know
- I wanna go
- I want to do
- I want to buy
According to a study conducted in Argentina 60% of users access the Internet more often than before, but in shorter time sessions, and 56% of them declared that their actions on the Internet are more spontaneous than planned.
On the other hand the most important stimuli that trigger an internet search are:
- 88% an activity you want to do
- 84% thought
- 83% an unexpected situation
With regard to the 4 Micro-moments, the study turned the following results:
Moment “I Do”:
- 80% of smartphone users search at least once a week, information that helps you perform a task.
- 90% of the time, Internet helps drive quickly with an answer.
- 76% of users value the companies that offer content of their video products
- 96% of those who prefer to turn to YouTube videos
Moment “I Go”:
- 65% of users looking for directions to a place, at least once a week.
- 58% of users use applications to find an address
Moment “Want to Buy”
- 70% of users seeking information regarding any product you buy at least once a week.
- 72% of the time, the information found on the Internet help you decide if it’s worth paying more for a product.
- 57% of search engine users considered the best place on the internet to meet new brands.
- 56% of purchases in a shop are influenced by a smartphone search.
- 50% of users search and compare prices from the phone, even when you are in store.
Moment “I Know”
- 95% of users declaring find information to learn more about a particular subject, at least once a week.
Do you think your company is prepared to succeed in these micro-moments? Contact Us!